Note: For a list of known issues, please visit this page
1. I have selected a layout, I do like the landscape layout but I do not like the portrait layout (or vice versa)? What should I do?
You can define your own layout combination in the keyboard settings. Just go in the Thumb Keyboard settings and select “Layout Keyboard…“. Next, select “Custom Layout Combination”. Now you can select the portrait keyboard you like and the landscape layout you like. For example, when you have selected the 5″ layout when setting up the keyboard, you might like to change the portrait keyboard and have a standard layout in portrait mode instead.
2. Can I turn of the bottom row with the cursor keys on the standard portrait layout (phone)?
Yes you can. Just go into the keyboard settings and unselect “show cursor key row“.
3. Is it possible to get a dedicated comma key on the main keyboard?
Yes. There’s an option to replace the microphone key with a comma key. To do so, open the keyboard settings and select the option voice input . Selecting “On symbols keyboard” will move the microphone key to the symbols keyboard and will show a dedicated comma key on the main keyboard (Turning off voice input will also result in a dedicated comma key instead of the microphone key)
4. Where can I change the long press symbols on the letter keys?
In the keyboard settings, select “secondary symbol editor“.
5. How can I hide the keyboard?
There are three ways to do this:
- Use the back key on your device
- Press and hold the microphone key and select the key with a picture of a keyboard with a little arrow beneath it
- Swipe down on the keyboard
6 . How can I save text phrases and enter them in my text?
Just press and hold the key with the little gearwheel (standard: the microphone key) and select
Long press a button, enter a label (for on the button) and the text phrase you want to save. To enter the saved text phrase in your text, select the key with the pushpin and select the button with the label you have entered earlier.
7. There’s a button bar with empty keys at the top of Thumb Keyboard. What’s that?
You must have accidentally triggered the “toolbar” toggle. To hide the toolbar (or button bar) again, press and hold the key with the little gearwheel in the upper right corner (usually the microphone key) and select the key with a horizontal bar with a arrow below and beneath it:
On the landscape tablet layout (7″ and 10″) just select this key:
8. The keyboard takes up to much space on my screen. Can I change that?
Absolutely! The main advantage of Thumb Keyboard is that it is highly customizable, also with respect to the dimensions of the keyboard.
In portrait layout, to change the height, you can:
- Turn off the cursor key row (see FAQ question 2 above)
- Turn off the button bar if you don’t need it (you can easily turn it on with a toggle if you need it): see FAQ question 7 above
- Change the overall height of the portrait layout. To do this, go into the keyboard settings and select Keyboard dimesions.. . Here you can adjust the height of the keyboard, the height of the space bar row and cursor key row.
To change the height In landscape layout, you can:
- Turn off the button bar if you don’t need it (you can easily turn it on with a toggle if you need it): see FAQ question 7
- Change the overall height of the portrait layout. To do this, go into the keyboard settings and select Keyboard dimesions.. . Here you can adjust the height of the keyboard and the height of bottom row (the row with the space bar)
9. The keyboard behaves in a unexpected way. Is this a bug?
First, uninstall the keyboard, reboot your device and re-install the keyboard. If this hasn’t solved your problem, please contact us to report the bug. You can contact support at email@example.com.